2003年11月7日金曜日

I've lost the key

Two days of examination were over yesterday and I felt tremendous relief after that. No matter how I'd said before the exam, it surely was a pressure. It was a heavy rain on the 2nd day and I had to make an extra round trip by car from home to the site as I lost the key there. I didn't know until I got home (not for a lunch but after the exam). I've searched my pockets and everywhere home but it was nowhere. I was almost 100% sure that it must've been at the place where I parked a car because it could've been the only place I could lost the key. I picked the car key out of the pocket where I had the house key as well. It was the only place and time it could've come out of the pocket.

Surely enough it was there lying on the pebble. Pebble, yes. When I got back there almost at 7pm. the place was deserted (that's good 'cause I could search around the place without being bothered or suspicious). I parked the car some feet away from the location I thought I parked the car in the morning and turned the light on. It was bright enough for me to look around but the line of light was sort of horizontal and even a tiny pebble created a shadow that made my searching a little difficult when what I'm looking for was a tiny key.

At first I couldn't identify the exact location I parked the car. That's crucial but I couldn't. I looked around but I didn't see anything metalic. I spent, say, 10 minutes, I'm not sure. Then I expaned the searching area but still no luck. I started to feel like giving up. I moved towards the car but I've tried to concentrate my focus on the surface. At one moment, I thought I saw it. I took a good look at the place and surely it's the key. I felt really lucky then.

Looking back, I could've have missed it for a thousand chances. It was so tiny and small. Nobody would be able to discover or notice it for years. Even if I can tell that I almost was certain it's there, it 's another matter to have located it there. Thank, God.

I've gotta think when I'll be heading home and what I'd do till then.

0 件のコメント: